Top Detox Tips
by Steve Halsall
A Celebrity Personal Trainer
Detoxifying made easy
This time of year is always associated with great intention and personal transformation. Like it or not, most of you will stop being good and slip back into old habits. To prevent this, you need to accept that all change takes time and all change needs a catalyst. Now don’t get me wrong here, you and others do have the will and strength to transform yourself, it is just a whole lot easier once you have both support and guidance. A detoxifying process is a superb catalyst and one that should done at least twice a year. I once ran an F12 Detox weekend and thought it a good idea to go through the process myself at the same time as facilitating the weekend.
Once I had started the heavy supplemented two-phase liver cleanse, I couldn’t stop as to stop would mean failure. My head was exploding and my mind became very introspective but I came out of the five day process feeling I was hovering an inch off the ground. I felt calm, clear and focused and physically light.
Here are both my top 12 hints on good habits and 12 ways to look at detoxifying supplements.
It goes without saying you should consult a professional nutritionist before embarking on any detox process.
12 ways to clean up your diet
2. Both alcohol and caffeine are hard on the liver, so reduce your intake.
3. Adequate hydration with clean water is vital to ensure bowel regularity and promote elimination of detoxified toxins.
4. Fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains and unrefined carbohydrates should make up the majority of the diet.
5. A minimum of one daily serving of cruciferous vegetables and at least five servings of fresh fruit should be included in the daily diet. Cruciferous vegetables: like broccoli, cauliflower, kale and Brussels sprouts.
6. Add detox promoting herbs and spices to your cooking, especially turmeric, rosemary and garlic.
7. Meats are typically high in nasty things like oestrogens, antibiotics, and other ingredients utilised in processing. Always buy organic where possible.
8. Obtain protein from lentils, soya, beans, nuts, seeds and fish and organic chicken for a valuable nutrients needed for liver detoxification and alternative to red meat.
9. As the digestive system slows down during the course of the day, eat more raw foods during the daytime and switch to lightly steamed vegetables for dinner. But make sure you don’t boil them to death!
That way they will retain most of their beneficial nutrients.
10. Most detoxification takes place during the night so don’t eat a big meal before you go to bed. The process of digestion could slow down the detoxification pathways.
11. Reduce your exposure to toxins by avoiding artificial chemicals and toxins such as insecticides, pesticides, and artificial sweeteners and colourings, (especially aspartame), flavourings and preservatives – they block the liver’s function.
12. Take regular exercise. Exercise improves the elimination of toxins from the body and encourages a stronger immune system to deal with toxins.
12 points for specific detoxification formula supplement
Cleanse and Fast
function optimally, it needs a constant supply of nutrients. This detoxification-specific
supplement provides the necessary nutritional support for an effective processing
and disposal of waste materials.
2. It contains high levels of vitamins, minerals and other bioactive food components to maintain the body’s antioxidant systems. Antioxidant protection is needed against the damaging effects of free-radicals caused by environmental toxins and allergens.
3. Formulated as hypo-allergenically as possible to reduce interference with the
activity of detoxification.
Whey protein isolate
5. Whey Protein Isolate is the most expensive available form of Whey Protein, due to
the superior therapeutic effects of non-denatured Whey Protein, which the body
can easily absorb and utilize.
6. Whey Protein Isolate is the only form of Whey Protein that results in sustained increases in the body’s production of Glutathione, the mother of all antioxidants.
detoxification processes. It contains green grasses, packed with chlorophyll, which
could help detoxify existing toxins and to prevent absorption of more toxins.
8. In addition to green grasses, sea vegetables and algae, selective pre-biotic fibre
and pro-biotics help promote the healing of the gut and improve digestive health.
Synergistic herbs to aid the removal of toxins
from damage as well as enhancing detoxification processes. They help to prevent
damage to the liver through several mechanisms: by acting as an antioxidant, by
increasing the synthesis the body’s own production of antioxidants and by increasing the rate of liver tissue regeneration.
10. Certain traditional medical herb, which work asa "blood purifiers" to clear the
bloodstream of toxins as well as a diuretics, helping rid the body of excess water by increasing urine output.
Herbal teas to cleanse the body
effective elimination of toxins out of the body.