Salmon Fishcake by Chiva Som International Health Resort
- 28 October 2020 28 October 2020
The Atlantic meets the Pacific with Chiva Som's Asian inspired fish dish that is light, nutritious and very moreish. Simple ingredients are pan fried for a tasty meal that is easy to prepare and perfect as a large appetiser or a small main. A garnish of tangy mango chutney pairs beautifully with the texture of the salmon and the richness of the Asian flavours. Try this super easy recipe for a healthy, exotic and delicate dinner for 3 to 4 people.
600g of salmon fillet, diced
1 tbsp of red curry paste
20g of coriander, finely sliced
20g of spring onion, sliced
50g of long parsley, finely sliced
70g of red onion, small diced
10g of dill
1 tbsp of ground rice powder
1/2 tsp of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Divide the mixture into 50 g (1¾ oz) balls and form into cakes.
- Heat a non-stick pan and pan fry fish cakes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce on the side.
Red Bell Pepper Sauce
300g Red pepper, roasted and peeled
50g Onion, chopped
10g Garlic cloves, chopped
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Transfer the mixture to a sauce pan, simmer and stir frequently until a sauce consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
200g of diced ripe mango
1 tbsp of lime juice
10g of fresh ginger, chopped
10g of green spring onion, chopped
5g of green chili
0.5 tsp of salt
10g of coriander leaves
- Combine all ingredient in a saucepan.
- Simmer on a low heat while stirring frequently until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and set aside to let cool.