There’s fun for the whole family at Shanti Maurice’s luxury resort. Enjoy sailing, kite surfing, tennis, yoga and golf whilst your kids get involved in face painting, splashing in the pool and making new friends at the dedicated kids club. You’ll be as excited as them to wake up and start your activity filled day in paradise, as every day is designed by you and will be totally different from the one before. With so much to do, all you have to worry about is making time for it all.
- Daily scheduled group health and fitness classes including: yoga, pranayama, meditation, morning powerwalks or jogging, aqua fit, tennis, circuits and legs & bums (subject to weekly schedule & availability) - Water sports include; windsurfing, snorkelling, kayaking, pedalo, Hobie cat sailing - Unlimited use of all facilities such as steam room, sauna, swimming pools and Jacuzzi - Complimentary access to fitness centre, gym, putting green, tennis courts, bicycle hire (for use within resort for up to 2 hrs) - Complimentary access to non-motorised water sports at the Boat House as per the weekly schedule - Free Golf at the Avalon Golf Estate, inclusive of free and unlimited green fees, free transfer to and from Avalon Golf Estate, free golf cart (shared), one tray of driving range balls
- Babysitting can be arranged for those under 3yrs old at £10 an hour - Swimming lessons, tennis lessons, pony rides and camping can all be arranged at an extra cost - If it’s your child’s birthday, Shanti Maurice can arrange for a magician and bouncy castle to make it an extra special day - Two children under 12 years old can stay for free when sharing parents Junior Suite or luxury villa, including breakfast and dinner - Baby cots for infants up to 18 months are available free of charge - Extra beds are available at £67 per night on a half board basis and can be booked according to the maximum occupancy of the booked room category
Les Petits Dodos Kids Club welcomes babies from 4 months up to 12 years old (children under 3 years must be accompanied by a parent or carer and further conditions apply for babuies from 4 months to under 3 years old). Children can enjoy the wide range of facilities and activities every day from 10am - 10pm. The specially designed kids club has its own toddler’s pool, games room, Playstation and Wii games consoles and DVDs for children. Shanti Maurice’s experienced and fun staff will make sure your children are safe and happy at all times.
Each week there is an activity program to ensure that you kids have the best time possible. Activities include face painting, crab hunting, picnics, arts and crafts and cooking classes. Field trips are also organised to the nearby Crocodile Park and Casela bird sanctuary.
Enquire with us to include flights from your preferred airport
Shanti Maurice is spread over 35 acres of tropical gardens, with unparalleled views of the surrounding hills and offshore reefs, the resort is located in the south coast of Mauritius. Nestling between sugarcane fields and the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, Shanti Maurice satisfies all the senses. With exotic gardens, pristine white sands, a sublime spa, spacious accommodation and restaurants brimming with fresh ideas, you'll find a place, and people, devoted to pleasure. Discover the healing benefits of world class spa treatments; try a private class of yoga, cooking lesson, meditation, a game of tennis or experience the fitness activities - kayaking, golf, windsurfing, morning Powerwalks and more. You can be as busy or as quiet as you want to at Shanti.
The esteemed culinary experience on offer at Shanti Maurice is imaginative and innovative. Local produce is sourced fresh from the ocean, garden, or farms close by and promises to please even the most discerning of palates.
Stars Restaurant This restaurant looks over the starlit Indian Ocean and offers exquisite Aquacasia cuisine.
Private Fish Shack Experience For a more authentic feel of the local gastronomy, the Fish Shack grills fresh fish, meat and game on the beachside accompanied by a range of cocktails and beer.
Rum Shed Bar & Grill Restaurant Ideal place to enjoy a rum based cocktail from over 200 types of rum from 36 countries or a family style sharing menu. A La Carte comfort food and grill specialities are offered in this shabby-chic restaurant.
La Kaze Mama Garden Restaurant La Kaze Mama offers guests the opportunity to dine on authentic Mauritian home cooking in an outdoor setting.
Red Ginger Bar & Pool Lounge For views across the infinity pool, Red Ginger Lounge is the place to meet for a late-night drink or alfresco and indoor dining.
Guests can also choose to experience the ultimate picnic with wholesome meals created by the chefs to sample in your favourite shady picnic spot. Within the Shanti Spa, optimum health and dietary change is promoted through the ‘Wellness Cuisine’ where fresh, light and nutritional food is prepared.
Facilities & Services
2 x Floodlit tennis courts 1 x Golf course 4 x Restaurants Spa Fitness centre 4 x Swimming pools Lounge with bar Library Boutique Kids club Garden Beach
Limousine and helicopter services available upon request Butler service
The official currency is the Mauritian Rupee (MUR), however, the Euro is widely accepted in most shops.
The local climate is tropical, with temperatures averaging from 30 Celsius in December to 22 Celsius in June; there is a warm, dry winter from May to November and a hot and humid summer from November to May.
The Mauritius Leading Boutique Hotel 2020 at The World Travel Awards
- Golf - Tennis - Kayaking - Dolphin watching - Group sailing - Windsurfing - Snorkelling sessions - Outdoor pursuits - Cultural activities - Vedanta sessions - Yoga and Pranayama sessions - Pilates - Traditional meditation - Ayurveda Lecture - Fitness Sessions - Well-being programmes with visiting masters - Garden tours - Cooking classes - Hot yoga
The spacious Shanti Spa allows you to awaken your senses, restore mental wellbeing and revitalise your spirits. Nutritionists, personal trainers, Ayurvedic physicians and yoga masters collaborate to ensure guests feel mentally positive and physically rejuvenated. Through a mix of ancient regimes and modern wellness regimes, unique treatments are created, designed to go beyond rediscovering tranquillity.
The Shanti Spa at Shanti Maurice focuses on the connection between mind, body and spirit, enabling you to explore your inner self. At the Shanti Spa, your intellect as well as your body is taken on a journey with holistic therapies and wellness regimes for a complete harmony between inner and outer self.
- Restaurants - Pool - Treatment rooms - Sports activities - Group classes (Meditation & Yoga) - 44 x Rooms (22 on first floor) + 17 x Villas wheelchair accessible - Grab rails in bathroom - Buggies / carts - Map - First Aid Kit
Typical Group Classes
Stand up paddle
Please note that all group classes and activities shown are examples only and are subject to change, such as seasonal adjustments.
The suites and villas at Shanti Maurice are all ocean-facing and are among the most generously proportioned in Mauritius. The villas all have private pools and are surrounded by exotic private gardens, terraces and courtyards.
(book between 15th November - 15th December 2023, minimum 5 night stay, not combinable)
- 10% additional discount (Valid for second time repeat guest onwards who have stayed at Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa since 1 September 2010 only)
- Two children up to 11.99 years old, can share the suites and/or villa of the parents on a complimentary basis. Children are free on same meal plan booked by the parents. Valid for travel year round. During Festive, the New Year's Gala dinner is applicable. Combinable with Long Stay, Early Booking Bonus, and Spa Junior suite offer only.
- Benefit from a 20% discount on the Suite/ Villas per night rate. Valid for travel year-round except during Festive Season. Offer is also applicable for a single parent travelling with one child up to 11.99 years old. Offer not combinable with any other offer.
Repeat guest from 20th night
Welcome bottle of Champagne
1 x Welcome couple massage (60 min)
10% discount in the Shanti Spa
10% discount on culinary Shanti Experiences
Upgrade to Club Level Experience from 10 nights stay
Complimentary memory Photo Portrait Session with 5 pictures (30 min session)
(For bookings until 31 October 2024)
10% discount applicable for the bride
VIP status and free upgrade to the Club level Experience with Lounge Access (all Suite & Villa Categories)
One bottle of sparkling wine in Suites or Champagne in Villas on arrival
One fruit basket on arrival
One romantic candlelight dinner once per stay excluding drinks
One couple massage per stay (90 min)
One Photo Portrait Session with 1 6x6 print (30 min session)
(Minimum 7 nights stay required. Applicable also for same sex couple)
- Unlimited complimentary green fee at the 18 hole 'Avalon Golf & Country Club' - Return transfer to/from the Avalon Golf Estate. Transfer is bookable through the concierge and will depend on the set timetable as fixed by the Resort. - 1 Golf cart - 1 tray of driving range balls Valid all year round, combinable with Early Booking Bonus, Long Stay offer, Family offer, Single traveller offer, Spa Junior suite offer and honeymoon offer.
Shanti Maurice; My health & fitness holiday getaway
Located in the untouched south of Mauritius, set in a tranquil bay on a curving lagoon of white sand Shanti Maurice is the ideal holiday destination to rejuvenate mind, body and soul. With a choice of many other luxury resorts in Mauritius, I considered myself lucky to have found this gem of a place.
I had a perfect time in Shanti Maurice with the Ayurveda Rejuvenation programme. Amazing food, treatments, sessions and members of staff. Not to mention the breathtaking location. Truly magic! Health and Fitness Travel was great at finding this holiday for me, thank you!
Visited December 2018
I don’t have enough words to describe how beautiful the location is! It’s by far the most beautiful place I have ever visited. Spa treatments and fitness activities are very high quality. I will definitely return!
Visited August 2018
Shanti Maurice is a dream… An incredible Spa. Everything there is excellent and the location is simply stunning!
Visited September 2017
Ah Shanti Maurice! What a bliss! Everything was superb, particularly the Yoga, Pilates and all treatments. I’m recommending it to all my friends and will return next year.
Endless stretches of white sand, crystal clear water and tropical palm trees; Shanti Maurice is best described as a paradise full of pleasure and wellness.
The secluded bay it is nestled in provides a feeling of privacy and calmness, ideal for romantic couples to watch the sun go down.
The chefs draw ingredients directly from the resident herb and vegetable garden; it doesn’t get any fresher than this.
Food shacks on the beach, a charming Rum Shed and plenty of tropical vibes make Shanti Maurice the perfect location to find your personal balance between health and holiday indulgence.
From water sports and fitness classes to cooking workshops and garden tours, there are many ways to stay fit and preoccupied at Shanti Maurice. Plus, you will also be provided plenty of new inspiration for a healthier lifestyle.
Despite the days being action-packed and exciting, evenings at Shanti Maurice are pleasantly quiet and good for winding down with a restorative good night’s sleep.
The attentive, friendly staff embodies the resorts promise being: Guests arrive as residents, leave as friends and return as family.
The Shanti Spa offers a large range of treatments following Ayurvedic principles that are designed to relax the mind, body and spirit. To further enhance the state of well-being, join some yoga or meditation classes.
The resort is isolated but everything you need can be found onsite. If you however wish to explore the South of Mauritius some more consider renting a car.
The all-inclusive package provides the best value for money and allows you to cut back on restaurant costs.
If you wish to solely focus on your health and fitness, avoid facilities and occasions that might tempt you to (over)indulge, such as the boozy rum shack and themed culinary events.
With its light-hearted and vivid atmosphere, the hotel attracts families and honeymooners that look to improve their health while enjoying themselves, so if you’re travelling alone you may want to go in a different season.