How to Plan & Prepare for an Around the World Luxury Trip
Preparing to embark on an around the world wellness trip can seem like a daunting prospect, but with our helpful tips you’ll soon be ready and raring to go. In addition to preparing any vaccinations and tourist visas, think about preparing your body and mind for this life changing trip, where you’ll learn to embrace a healthier lifestyle.
Learn more with our other Know Before You Go articles.
Prepare your body
Do your research
Do your research
What to Pack
Packing for a week-long holiday is hard enough, so packing for your ultimate one year wellness trip will be a task, but it doesn’t need to be a daunting one. Here are a few recommended items we suggest taking:
- Be active wear prepared; from hiking boots to trainers and yoga leggings to swim wear, you will be keeping active throughout your trip with a variety of pursuits. All equipment will be provided, but don’t set off without the right attire.
- Take a few nice things! Remember that this is no backpacking expedition. You’ll be staying in some of the world’s most luxurious resorts, so take a few nice items of clothing for the evenings.
- For the Middle East, coverage is key. Pack clothing that covers the shoulders and legs to wear out of respect. Dubai is a fashionable city with luxurious shopping, so feel free to show some flare, but making sure it’s respectable.
- On safari in South Africa, pack loose, lightweight clothing, with the odd long-sleeved fleece or shirt, because the evenings can be cooler and you will want protection from mosquitos.
- For Asia, pack plenty of lightweight cotton clothing. A key item here is a good, sturdy, comfortable pair of sandals. They will be coolest for your feet, and easiest to slip on and off if you are entering temples.
- Remember to pack enough of any prescription medication, but things like contact lens solution, batteries and pain relief can all be bought abroad.
- Don’t forget to pack the camera and take a journal (even if the thought of keeping a diary usually makes you cringe) these are the best ways to capture and reflect on your experience.
- Take a few books for the quieter moments of relaxation