Popular with couples, COMO Maalifushi would be perfect for a healthy honeymoon or special anniversary, families or friends traveling together would also enjoy their time here. The location makes it ideal location for a water sports holiday as there are lots of activities available and most take part in or on the beautiful water surrounding the island...
Experience at COMO Maalifushi
Find your flow and harness balance between your mind, body and soul at COMO Maalifushi’s serenely beautiful luxury wellness spa retreat in the Maldives. Nestled in the archipelago's southern reaches, with soft white sand and sparkling turquoise waters, you’ll be sure to radiate delight and deep relaxation. Be spoilt from the full body experience of a 90 minute massage to private yoga lessons by expert teachers and staff who will anticipate your every need during your stay. With such an array of options there is something for everybody from exploring the island with snorkelling expeditions or enjoying a romantic beach dinner. End your stay with unique memories, feeling completely tranquil, royally pampered and glowing with health!
|7 nights accommodation (alternative durations allowed)|
|Return private transfers (included, but optional)|
|Flights available on request|
Please speak to one of our Wellness Travel Specialists to choose your experience through 1, 2, 3 or 4 of the options.
COMO Shambhala Recharge:
- 1 x COMO Shambhala Massage (90 min)
- 1 x Express facial (30 min)
COMO Shambhala Ritual:
- 1 x Javanese Royal Lulur bath OR Dead Sea mud therapy (60 min)
- 1 x Massage (60 min)
- 1 x Express facial (30 min)
COMO Shambhala Wellness:
- Yoga OR meditation (60 min)
- 1 x Deep tissue massage (75 min)
- 1 x Express facial OR essential manicure OR essential pedicure
COMO Shambhala Escape:
- 1 x Deep tissue massage OR Taksu massage (90 min)
- 1 x COMO Shambhala detoxifying body scrub (30 min)
- 1 x Facial OR Foot reflexology treatment (60 min)
- Complimentary daily COMO Shambhala activities, including yoga and pilates
- Complimentary non-motorised water sports activities
- Butler service (COMO Residence, Maalifushi Beach Villa, Maalifushi Water Villa and COMO Villa only)
|DEPARTING BETWEEN||SHARING FROM Per person, based on two guests booking together and sharing a room (unless otherwise stated)||SINGLES FROM Per person, based on private single occupancy (unless otherwise stated)|
|01 Jan - 30 Apr 2023||USD12,770||USD21,280|
|01 Jan 2023 - 30 Apr 2023||USD11,490||USD20,000|
|01 May - 30 Sep 2023||USD10,180||USD16,740|
|01 May 2023 - 30 Sep 2023||USD8,690||USD15,250|
|01 Oct - 08 Jan 2024||USD10,260||USD17,310|
|01 Oct 2023 - 08 Jan 2024||USD9,170||USD16,220|
Enquire with us to include flights from your preferred airport
Situated on the tropical island of Thaa Atoll with beautiful views of the Indian Ocean, Maalifushi by COMO is set on an island surrounded by white sand and dazzling blue waters. Thaa Atoll is one of the 26 atolls (groups of islands) in the Maldives, a 35 minute air transfer from the capital Male. The Island is known locally as ‘Kolhumadulu’ and prides itself on obtaining a reputation for exceptional diving experiences with whale sharks and enjoyable surf trips with great breaks.
COMO Shambhala Cuisine is nutritious and unique, concentrating on utilising organic ingredients, rich in flavour and vitamins. Chefs prepare the food in ways which are most beneficial for well-being, serving it raw, grilled or steamed. AnIndian oven called the tandoor is also used as it allows the fat-free cooking of meats and fish. At Maalifushi, the chefs can accommodate any food intolerances as well as the preferences of children.
Offering a range of local, Mediterranean, Indonesian and Thai cuisine served all day, from breakfast to dinner. Madi also enjoys themed nights each week, including a local seafood barbeque and a ’Thali’ evening concentrating on south Indian specialties
At Thila you can enjoy fresh seafood, salads, pizzas and Turkish cuisine. The restaurant plays laidback music and has an open-air pool bar with ocean views.
One of the finest Japanese restaurants in the Maldives, Tai’s chefs entertain guests with their culinary skills while serving fresh seafood and fine cuts of meat that have been marinated and infused with Japanese flavours such as sake, mirin and sesame.
Facilities & Services
COMO Shambhala Retreat
Child-minding and babysitting services
Good to Know
- There are no direct charter plane arrivals from international destinations; all passengers need to transfer to a seaplane or speedboat from the international airport at Malé.
- Seaplanes and boats can take visitors to other islands.
- The Maldives celebrates the Eid Ul Adha festival at the end of Ramadan (the ninth month of the Islamic calendar and changes slightly each year).
- Seaplanes can only fly during daylight hours, if you are arriving or departing very early morning or late evening you will need to spend a night in Male.
The COMO Shambhala retreat is a luxury spa, boasting expert therapists in holistic health, who are there to help you relax and re-energise. Situated over water with a beautiful view, are eight luxurious treatment rooms, offering a variety of body treatments, massages and signature facials. The wellness retreat also has an open-air yoga pavilion, which provides complimentary daily classes, a relaxation area and boutique selling COMO Shambhala’s luxury body care products.
Offering the very best in holistic health, the expert team have carefully crafted a selection of wellness offerings including a variety of treatments from the signature COMO massage therapy to facial treatments and overall beauty care. The goal is to create an environment in which you can relax, recuperate and enhance your total well-being.
The gym includes top of the line cardio equipment and weights, as well as offering complimentary daily yoga classes and private instruction. Privately guided meditation and pranayama is also available on request.
- Treatment rooms
- Sports activities
- Private classes instead of group
- All rooms wheelchair accessible
- Grab rails in pool
- Buggies / carts
- Doctor on site
- First Aid Kit
Typical Group Classes
- Hatha yoga
- SUP or kayak tour
- Bottom fishing
Please note that all group classes and activities shown are examples only and are subject to change, such as seasonal adjustments.
With 11 different choices of accommodation to stay in, including over-water accommodations, you’ll be able to find the perfect room to suit your getaway.
Two Bedroom Beach Suite
Two Bedroom Beach House
Two Bedroom Beach Villa
Maalifushi Beach Villa
Maalifushi Water Villa
All Rooms Include
- Private sundeck with loungers and dining table
- Bathtub and separate shower stall
- Air conditioning and antique colonial ceiling fan
- Mini bar and snacks
- Coffee/tea making facilities (Nespresso machine)
- 46” LED/plasma satellite TV
- International direct dial telephone
- WiFi Internet access
Complimentary Honeymoon Amenities
Honeymoon amenities for stays of 4 nights to 6 nights:
- Bottle of Champagne
- Daily Fruit Platter
- Gift from Maalifushi
- A $60 spa credit per person
Honeymoon amenities for stays of 7 nights or more:
- Bottle of Champagne
- Daily Fruit Platter
- Gift from Maalifushi
- Complimentary 60 minutes spa treatment per couple
- Candlelit dinner setup for 2 persons
- 10% off room rate for stays between 9 January - 19 December 2023 (For bookings confirmed 90 days prior to arrival date)
- 10% of room rate for stays until 30 April 2023
Samantha’s Snapshot Review of COMO Maalifushi, Maldives
Valo88, Trip Advisor ReviewVisited October 2014
I can honestly tell you that this is definitely the perfect vacation spot for anyone. This trip was my birthday surprise - and also a much needed trip to get away from the busy city that we live in. This was also my first time in the Maldives!
My boyfriend and I arrived at the jetty in the late afternoon, after what seemed like forever getting to the island. We were greeted by the General Manager and a group of Front Office staff upon arrival and promptly brought to the reception for our check-in. We were then swept off our feet and driven by buggy to our suite which was located over the water. Our suite was located quite a distance from the reception (I loved the whole secluded-from-everyone feeling though) and it was definitely nice to walk in the Maldivian weather with the coral garden right outside our doorstep. Upon entering our suite, we couldn't help but gush at the beautiful view on the other side of the room. Safa was very informative about the activities that were available and went on to explain all the amenities in the room. The resort is doing its part to be more environmentally friendly and uses recycled products (their straws are made out of paper!!)
SallyB, Trip Advisor ReviewVisited March 2014
This was our first time to the Maldives, and I'm so glad we decided to stay at Maalifushi by COMO. We had a wonderful stay and everything was done to such high standards. Our over water suite was stunning, with an extremely comfortable bed and great pillows, large bathroom with big bath/tub, our own private pool, outdoor day bed and steps leading straight into the lagoon for snorkelling.
Service was outstanding - from being greeted by the General Manager when we arrived off the speedboat to staff in the restaurants, at the spa and dive centre. We appreciated the regular cold towels and small bowls of fruit salad that were delivered to us on the beach each day. Such a lovely touch!
- The azure waters surrounding this private island are ideal for a host of water sports including diving, snorkelling and surfing. The in-house diving centre guarantees a memorable underwater expedition.
- The approach to wellness combines elements of balanced nutrition, Asian healing therapies, exercise and yoga to leave you completely replenished.
- The lavish Como Shambala spa offers 30 different purification rituals including massages, therapies and various beauty treatments. The 24-hour fitness centre offers private instruction and state-of-the-art facilities, including weights and a wide range of gym equipment.
- Play by Como children’s club will keep your little ones engaged with various informative yet exciting activities.
- Como Maalifushi receives many visiting therapists, spiritual gurus and instructors to offer specialised retreats and programmes.
- The three restaurants serve a wide variety of mouth-watering treats, including themed menus and Turkish and Japanese cuisine. The chefs also cater to preferences of children and food intolerances.
- All the overwater suites, villas and garden rooms boast luxurious interiors and offer picturesque views of the surroundings.
- The resort is popular amongst couples spending their honeymoon and families with accompanying children, however every solo traveller is assured of privacy.
- Transfers to the resort are carried out by sea planes for a scenic journey to the retreat. However, they only fly for a limited time so if you arrive after 15:00 you may have to book an airport hotel for the night.
- Local tourist Green Tax applies to both adults and children.
Other programmes at COMO Maalifushi
Why Book with Health and Fitness Travel?
- Over 1100+ programmes to choose from worldwide
- Trained advisers in wellness holidays
- Exceptional bespoke service
- Carefully hand-picked destinations
Service & Value
- Best Price Guarantee
- Exclusive complimentary extras
- Impartial advice
- 99% Customer satisfaction
- ATOL & TTA protected
- Fully SSL-encrypted Website
- No credit cards fees
- Global support – we’re always here for you